Friday, January 12, 2007

Five Things


So, I've been tagged by Dish and as I understand it I am supposed to blog 5 interesting things about me. Here goes.

1. Since none of you have met my family, I'll start with that. It may not quite be an interesting fact, but... I love my family a lot and we are very close, even my extended family (my mom's side). I have a sister, Christie (19). She's a first year at another uni here in Denver. My mom, Nancy, is a teacher and taught English and French at my high school. As of this year she is a couselor at a different school in my home town of Grand Junction, CO. My dad, Randy, works construction in South Western Colorado. My parents were divorced when I was 16. My dad was married before he met my mom and I have a half-sister, Rian (31) who lives in Dallas, Texas, where she grew up with her mom. She moved to Majorca for several months last year and I went to visit her. My mom's parents and my mom's sister and her family live in Grand Junction. My mom's brother lives near Vail Ski Resort (about 2 hours away). I have 6 cousins (I'm the oldest. The youngest is 15.) We spent a lot of time together growing up and in some ways are more like brothers and sisters.
2. I am passionate about horses. My dad grew up around horses on ranches in Montana and Wyoming and passed his affection for them on to me, although I think my attachment to them runs deeper than his. I had a pony growing up named Stormy. She was older and had been there and done everything, she was still quite a challenge at times though. The photo is of the last horse I owned, Janae. She was only two when I got her and we learned a lot from each other. I kept her for a year after I started uni, but knew I needed to sell her. It was the most fair thing for both of us, but it broke my heart. I cried for three days after I sent her to her new home. At 19 I was horseless for the first time in my life that I could remember and I can hardly bear it.

3. I keep a book with things that I want to do before I die. I add to it as things come to my mind. I try to make sure they are not short-term whimsies, but things that I really do want to experience in my lifetime.

4. I like monks a lot! This is not a physical attraction, don't worry. I can assure you, I have psycho-analyzed myself pretty well concerning this. I would like to have my own personal monk who would give me bits of wisdom and calm as I go along through life. This affinity for monks extends to the Christian and Buddhist traditions, but not to the weird 'monks' of Eastern religion ( I don't remember it, because I've never heard of it) that solicit people on Buchanan Street and, I imagine, elsewhere around town.

5. When I was little, I kept two imaginary kittens named Sky and Blue. Their food and water dishes were behind my parents' bedroom door and I would get angry at my mom for moving them. I only vaguely remember this, but it is a story that my mom likes to tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home