Friday, February 02, 2007

A Few of My Favorite Things

Here in Colorado, we are into the depths of winter. It is absolutely baltic (-28c last night), but the cold and snow have not stopped the warmth of life. I have discovered the beauty of Canadian Geese, although I have seen them my whole life. They hang about in the snow on my campus and are stunning. I feel as though they are little gifts from nature to our campus, if only we will see them as such. I tried to take a photo of them in the snow, but when I actually took my camera to uni with me they were of course no where to be seen. If I manage to get one, I'll post it. I contemplated having one for a pet one day, but decided that part of their beauty is their absolute freedom and keeping one as a pet would require having its wings clipped. Maybe that is how God feels about us. He could make us bound to his will, but instead he gave us a free will. Love and loyalty is always much greater if it is freely given.

My other favorite thing of late, is PUB QUIZZES! I participated in some quizzes back in Glasgow and enjoyed them and now we have found that there are pub quizzes at an Irish pub near our city centre. I went on Tuesday night with some friends. They were suprised at my enthusiam regarding such activities, but once they played, they understood how amazing it really is. Our waiter was from London. He had never heard the word 'chav' before though (it was part of one of the questions. Very curious. There will be more pub quizzes in the near future, I'm sure!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dish said...

I think chav is only a regional word... though I don't know which regions it is used in. Apparently in Liverpool they call them scallies! Was mucho amused to hear you say that the weather was "baltic" too! :D

2:51 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Ahh, I see. I like 'scallies'! As in scally wag, I'm guessing?? Yes, well one does pick up some phrases when you hang about with Aly Meeke about temperatures being 'baltic.' I rather like the phrase.

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home