Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Time Flies

They say time flies when you're having fun, but I think that time flies regardless of the amount of fun. I have been thinking lately about how quickly time has gone, and how I am feeling more and more like an adult-- a real person, if you will. I am not really sure how I feel about that. It is this change that has been taking place gradually, but seems to have snuck up on me some how. My years at uni are coming to an end. Soon I will be looking for a job and a more permanent place to live. I will have more responsibility over my finances. At times I am not sure I am ready for all of this, at others I am ready to fully embrace it.

My twenty-second birthday is coming up in April and I wonder how I have come this far. In my head, twenty two seems so old. When I was younger, people who were twenty two seemed to have their lives together and knew what they were doing. I do not feel like that person who has her life all together. I feel pretty good about my life and am enjoying it fully (although I wish I could make it back to Glasgow for my Spring Break). Life moves so quickly. When you're a kid you want to grow up fast, but now I wouldn't mind if time slowed down a little bit. Being a kid again does not sound too appealing, but I just do not know where the last four years have gone. There is so much I want to accomplish, but I feel like time is already running out.

Last March, when I was waiting at the airport for my mom and cousin to get in on that day that it snowed so so much, I had a conversation with an elderly gentleman named Bob for several hours. He told me some thing that stuck with me. He said we go through three stages in life: first, "I'm too young," and then it's "I'm too busy," third is "I'm too old." I wonder what excuses I have made about not taking or making opportunities.

Speaking of time, I am currently procrastinating from doing homework, so I should get on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home