Sunday, August 05, 2007

Ayiti--'Haiti' in her native tongue Creole

I'm currently sitting in a starkly decorated room and sweating despite the fact that I have a fan blowing on me and it's 9:30 in the evening. The water that comes from the sink and shower runs only cold and is non-potable. The bathroom does not have a door and there was just a bug on my computer screen. Nonetheless, I am enjoying myself immensely in Port-au-Prince.

I have been blogging about my Haitian adventures on a different blog, 'Traverse.' I felt like I needed a site dedicated exclusively to my travel adventures (that makes it sound like I travel a lot more than I actually do), so take a wee gander if you'd like.

I've been keeping up a bit about what you've all been doing over your summer holidays through the GUCU emails and, yes, Facebook.

I was in Washington, DC the beginning of July and visited a folk arts festival put on by the Smithsonian Museums. Each year the spotlight the folk arts of different countries. One of this year's countries happened to be Norn Iron. I sat in on a few traditional songs accompanied by various instruments of course. It took me back to Glasgow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home